Volunteering in retirement helps you connect with younger generations, find fulfillment in contributing your time and expertise, find community among students, families, teachers and fellow volunteers, and allows you to give back to your hometown by shaping future leaders.
How Do I Get Started?
1. Review M-DCPS School Volunteer Policies and Procedures
2. Identify and visit a M-DCPS location to serve or support as a volunteer.
• Communicate with the school volunteer champion
• Select an activity or function that aligns with your skill set.
• Choose a schedule that works for you and the location.
4. Allow 5 business days for background check and review.
5. After receiving an approval email from the School Volunteer Office, check in as
a volunteer with security at your selected school or location using a valid Driver's License
or picture ID.
6. Meet with the school's volunteer coordinator or administrator to begin services.