How Do I Get Started?
1. Review M-DCPS School Volunteer Policies and Procedures
2. Identify and visit a M-DCPS location to serve or support as a volunteer.
• Communicate with the school volunteer champion
• Select an activity or function that aligns with your skill set.
• Choose a schedule that works for you and the location.
4. Allow 5 business days for background check and review.
5. After receiving an approval email from the School Volunteer Office, check in as
a volunteer with security at your selected school or location using a valid Driver's License
or picture ID.
6. Meet with the school's volunteer coordinator or administrator to begin services.